UK/EU Resident? Order Here
Shipping times for all orders: Unfortunately, the supply chain issues caused by covid has affected our ability to produce these as fast as we would like. Orders will be shipped in the order received as soon as we can build them as components arrive. If you order today, estimated time until your order ships is within 2 weeks.
DIY Hardware Kit Version: The hardware kit is identical to SugarPixel except for the preinstalled software. The kit ships with a US 2 prong USB A 2.1 Amp wall plug. If you use your own wall plug, it must be 2.1A or greater USB A to USB C and cannot be PD (Power Delivery). The kit is modifiable and firmware-flashable if you wish to install your own, SugarPixel, or other software onto it. See here for the instructions to install SugarPixel software. Installing the initial software requires you use the included micro sd card with your computer or plug in a serial cable to for programming.
SugarPixel is a secondary glucose display and alert system for following your continuous glucose monitor. It is the world’s first dedicated CGM hardware monitor with random tone generation audio alerts, vibration alerts for the hearing impaired, customizable display options, and native multi-user following.
Use SugarPixel for…
- Hard to wake teens and college students transitioning to independent care.
- Vibration alerts for hearing impaired and and dual audio-vibration alerts for heavy sleepers.
- Displaying BG values from multiple T1D at the same time on a single device.
- A quick glance from across the room or across the yard with the large display.
- Sharing enabled in the Dexcom G6/G7 App with at least 1 follower or a Nightscout site to read CGM data from.
- 2.4ghz wifi network. Your Wi-Fi router will need the ability to have separate 2.4/5ghz Wi-Fi settings or enable a dedicated 2.4ghz guest network. Mesh routers and others that cannot be configured with the above details may require you to add a low-cost 2.4ghz wifi router to your setup. These can usually be found for $20-40 online.
- A micro sd card reader is required for the DIY version, which ships with an included micro sd card to install the software. The USA version no longer ships with an sd card because it is only needed if there are problems with the over-the-air update.
Audio and Vibration Alerts
- Use custom values for your low and high alerts as well as custom time lengths for snoozing them with the snooze button.
- Is your brain so used to your alert sounds that you sleep through them? SugarPixel helps prevent brain habituation with randomized alert tone generation.
- Accidental volume changes are a thing of the past. The audio volume has no hardware button and can only be changed with the web configuration interface.
- SugarPixel’s vibration alert puck With a 2M cable is perfect to have alerts that do not wake the entire house. It is also an added safety measure for the hearing impaired. The vibration alert puck can be placed under your pillow or attached to your headboard using 3M command strips.
Numerous Display Options
- SugarPixel has multiple display options in mg/dL and mmol/L to suit your needs with color-coded glucose values.
- The standard face displays BG, Trend Arrow, and Delta. Delta is the change + or - from your last reading.
- Use low brightness with the BG and Time face to see your BG reading and current time on your nightstand.
- The Color face utilizes the entire display to show a single color representing the BG value. This is perfect to see at a distance through the window while outside playing in the backyard, patio, or pool.
- The Big BG face is useful for nightstand users who wear glasses or contact lenses.
Multi User Support
- SugarPixel natively supports monitoring 2 users at the same time: perfect for households with multiple Type One’s.
- We have even designed it to allow multiple SugarPixels to operate on the same network if you have more than 2 people you need to monitor.
Dosing decisions should not be made based on this device. The user should follow instructions on the continuous glucose monitoring system. This device is not intended to replace self-monitoring practices as advised by a physician.